Saturday, November 5, 2011

After the dust settles

With our interstate move there have been many exciting great moments. Hubby has a wonderful job and the boys and I have wonderful schools.
Topher is a freshman and loving being in the band. achemmm, He said, "I'm bringing sexy back to the trombone section one note at a time, Mom!" Just what every mom wants to hear.
Eman is adjusting to a great middle school. Poor guy is having a rough adjustment since his mom is teaching across the hall from him!

And then there is Haybabe. All of my children 'go by' their middle names, but leave it to the youngest to find a loophole. His dad and I had noticed several things about his school materials; they were all being labeled for a Alex. When we quizzed him as to the orgin of the name, he simply replied that's what his teacher was calling him. We gave him permission to ask his teacher to call him by his name he has been accustomed to answering too. Several more days go by and even a Open house conversation with the teacher and still his papers were coming home labeled with Alex.
Again we ask him, "Haybabe, why is your teacher still calling you Alex?" He huffed out his reply. "I told her it was okay to call me ALEX, Mom! Because if I were top get a naughty note sent home you wouldn't think it was me. Just the wrong folder for some Alex!"

Uhmmmmm?

As recently as this past week we had another misunderstanding. Haybabe had been coming home saying his teacher was sending him to second grade earlier than all the other kids. I know he is smart, but being in the biz I wondered where the meeting information was? Hubby had to go to a meeting at the school for an unrelated matter.
While he was there, he inquired as too the second grade promotion. The teacher informed him that in efforts to encourage Haybabe she had said, "Wow, you are doing so great. You will be ready for second grade!"
When Haybabe came home after school, we heard him bragging again he was going to second grade earlier than everyone in his class. Hubby talked to him and told him that his teacher was bragging on him only (bursting bubbles is so harsh). Haybabe said,"I know. I was only hoping! I tricked you since it is tricker treats month!"

No comments:

Post a Comment