Thursday, June 28, 2012

Reinvention...when I grow up I want to become???

With men the 'mid- life crisis' thing is overtly cliche, with women their 'mid-life' has no time for crisis. Between keeping a home, raising kids, and keeping up with the hubbs....I mean who really has time for a crisis? But such as life when you least expect it something or other tends to 'pop up'. Just to set your mind at ease, NO I AM NOT PREGNANT!

This summer has been one of the best. Kids are enjoying their well deserved break with frequent trips to the grandparents, favorite fishing spots, and camps. Although I feel like we are living out of a suitcase, there have been great relaxing moments. Cozumel with the Hubster, was AWESOME!!!For me personally, always a rip current of uncertainty seeing as how my contract was not renewed and I'm scheduled for some minor medical procedures that will take a few interviewing days away from me.

I was reminded recently that one can not STAND on HIS promises while sitting on the premises, SO today I claim Jeremiah 29:11," For I know the plans I have for you says the Lord.Plans to give you a future and a hope not to harm you." God is love and he will provide both a job and peace. When a 'crisis' pops-up, just remind yourself God is God and he knows whats going on..... this didn't catch him off guard. I would like that magical green lined arrow to appear on my kitchen floor directing me to my next place of employment....Ya' know the one on the commercials that directs people with money...errr, never mind.

So I have always joked about 'when I grow up' I want to become a ____________. I have many interest. I feel like a Jack of all trades and a Master of none. I feel as though I would and could sale an Eskimo a bikini and then connect them to the appropriate resources for a great vacation. That is not saying I would be a travel agent. I would like to travel... ok I've digressed. I'm saying I would like to help people in some capacity.

In efforts to brush up the resume a pursue employment, I have found that I needed a new haircut and dye job.......maybe I could cut hair! or maybe write that book I've always wanted too!! Or sale jewelry!! Or work in missions planning short term foreign mission trips!! Or maybe enroll in college and take sign language and Spanish.

1 comment:

  1. so many possibilities! life is an exciting journey....never know what the next turn will bring....so thankful the Lord knows 'all our days before there is even one of them'....also very thankful you know that He holds your days in His hands.

    ReplyDelete