Monday, August 6, 2012

Bodily humor and other first!

Today was a  roller coaster day! Usually not one to enjoy those sorts of thrills, I'll make an exception for today. My boys are all three at three different schools- Haybabe in elementary, Eman in middle school, and Topher in high school! This morning began a great year for all of them. It was their first full day.

I had a TON of things to do and it was Hubbs day off...more about that in a bit. We woke up dressed, ate, and posed for the traditional 'first day photos'. Hubster took one kiddo; I took the others. After depositing my babies at their respected schools, I was off on the daunting task of pre-employment required finger printing and follow-up TB skin testing. At 9:10 am I was to be finger printed in a nearby town. Unfortunately the business had not updated GPS and I was lost! By 10am, I found myself stopping and asking for directions. The whole  process only took 10 minutes!! The thirty minute drive home gave me time to thank God I have a job!
I drove straight to the doctor's office for the nurse to 'read' my TB skin test results and sign a form. Again the wait was about 30 minutes for a 5 minute 'reading'. I never understood that 'reading' thingy. All she did was turn my arm over and rub it once.
I had to rush home to check on the Hubster! Bless his heart! He was having a minor medical procedure preformed later in the afternoon. This 'procedure' was quite a laborious prep task. Drink this, don't eat that, do this.....all I heard ALL weekend long!
While at home before the final hoorah of preparation, I had time to do some research on line about Special Education....looks like I might get to be a SPED teacher when I grow up! Seriously, GRRRRREEEAT news on that front from the state department.
My parents also drove over for the day to help out with afternoon pick up of kiddos because I would be backed up with the Hubster. When mom and dad got in, they brought a bountiful harvest from their garden. We were discuss afternoon arrangements, when they offered to go shop and prepare dinner too!Heaven Sent blessing!

Before I get started, I must warn you the following contains information about a medical procedure! Scroll on at your own RISK!

Hubster has had a colon cleanse like none other. All weekend, bless his heart has been about preparing for the dreaded colonoscopy! Hubster is not always a fan of my humor, today was case in point. I was left alone while they started his IVs and such. This gave me plenty of time to think of wiseCRACKS to share. The sweet little nurse allowed me back to his beside to sit with him before they put him under. The Hubster is a goodlooking studdly dude which I love deeply. When I saw him, he looked so nervous, bless his heart. I decided I would preform my wifely duties of 'lightening' his mood. As I was laughing at his musical toots, I assured him I could research some on line resource for COLONOSCOPY HUMOR. I found a LOAD of them. I was noticing I was the only one laughing though.
That's when my sweet Hubster, looks over ans said the funniest thing I've ever heard him say! (Usually I'm my favorite comedian, but today, I let him toot his horn.) He looked so serious as he turned to me. "Honey, I don't want to be the BUTT of your jokes!" I laughed until the tears ran down my legs!

Thank God for giving us laughter; it truly is great medicine!FYI, Hubster is fine!

No comments:

Post a Comment