Thursday, August 2, 2012

I'm gonna write a book... "Don't quote movies while under the influence to GMA!"

Ecclesiastes 3:4 says,"there is a time to laugh, there's a time to weep" and even dance! I'm not much of a dancer, but I've seen it on TV, if that counts. As for the others, well I can do those! I may even have a Ph.D in laughter. I don't know if any other person thinks I'm funny or not. To be honest, I'm not sure I care because I am my favorite comedian! Being honest again, I laugh at just about anyone or anything but my messy house.

I have the privilege of being related to some of the funniest people on earth...whether they know it or not! A few blogs ago I shared about a Great Uncle. He gets his own book, by the way. Most recently, I had a drug induced conversation with a GMA that has left me in stitches.....

I had to have a minor outpatient surgical procedure in which I was put to sleep. After leaving the hospital, my sweet, caring HUBSTER filled the necessary pain relieving prescriptions. The next day I was in need of the blessed memory erasing jewels. I have come to the scientific conclusion that those 'pain killers' don't actually 'kill the pain' as the name would imply. Rather, they distort your reality in a way that wipes your brain of any memory of pain.
While I was having my memory and reality 'distorted', I had a dear friend come and sit with me. I am still finding out things that were said or done during the brief stay while the Hubs took our kiddos to church. She was a precious. She came barring gifts of Popsicles, get well notes, and a hilarious nightly devotional book for the 'unconventional woman'.
I don't know if I'm a control freak or what. I had just taken my pain pill and undergoing the momentarily memory loss of pain when she arrived. Feeling like I should be a gracious hostess with the mostest, I engaged in causal conversation, or so I thought. Apparently, I decided I would call and wish the before mentioned GMA a happy birthday. While under the influence, I dialed my sweet GMA. When she answered I told her who I was and said, "Happy Birthday!"My sweet dutiful friend sat by and witness the most unusual conversation in history. I have no reelection of the particular details, but I apparently had to tell my GMA several timse who I was and where I lived. I did tell her I wanted her to 'buy yourself something nice, something REEEEEEEAL nice', in my best Randy Quaid impersonation of Cousin Eddie from National Lampoons Christmas Vacation. When GMA didn't understand my humor, I felt it necessary to explain which just made things worse. She then was so confused; she thought I was a younger cousin.

I recently, saw GMA face-to-face in real time. I apologized for the birthday call and reassured her I wasn't drunk! She laughed. then looked at me and asked, "Who is cousin Eddie?" I busted a gut laughing right there. I finally had remembered what I said to her that night on the phone. See my friend was there hearing all and witnessing all of my pain being killed. She had related most of the details to me later on in the week when I found that book and note. However, she could not remember what I had told GMA was 'funny right there I don't care who you are."Mystery solved!!

It did take some convincing GMA that we were not related to an EDDIE and call off the Genealogy Lovin' Great Uncle. I'm pretty sure that her hearing/memory issues mixed with my pain-killing antics aren't a good mix, but gives us GREAT material to laugh about! Still don't remember how I remember it was GMA's birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment