Tuesday, May 10, 2011

epic step into the cyber world...

Fourteen years ago on a Saturday before Mother's day, I joined the parenthood phase of life. Will and I haven't been the same since that moment. We are very privileged to be raising our own Prince William and two younger brothers!! During the past blink, he is now towering over me and approaching high school! Happy birthday, Tophe!! and Mom, you still don't look like a grandmother!

What is that quote about a road being paved with good intentions?? I meant to have started blogging 14 years ago!!! to chronicle all the little things, firsts this or that. So, I guess now it is time to play catch up. LOL... My younger sister has taunted me into and beat me to the punch!

If by chance you are reading this and I fail to include a moment, please chime in. After all, the first thing to go is the mind as he playfully reminds me. I had an aunt who is quoted to have said," I haven't told the truth or the correct order of events since my kids learned to talk."

The first thing I recall about motherhood...NURSES! They are full of advice and for those of you there you might recall a conveniently placed taco salad. I'm in full blown labor when my nurse comes in to ask if I would mind her eating my taco salad since it would be a while before Topher's grand appearance! I mean really!?!?!

I had been on bed rest for a couple of the last months. I was at the point where the doctor wanted me to come in to the hospital for weekly stress test. That particular day I was fine and had begun dialating, so the doctor chose to induce labor. Tophe and I had a meager breakfast, then the test, and PIT drip. We were doing so well they slowed the PIT which caused my dinner to be delayed. The hungry wise nurse had promised a baby in time to eat dinner....just didn't know she meant the screaming lady next door's baby and my taco sald was HER dinner

Things that make you go....uhmmmm?

1 comment:

  1. I love it! you are off to a grand start....technology is SO good...we must record all those lovely memories your Aunt Kathy always wanted us to...but, we were too busy to do....while we still recall them.

    ReplyDelete